Tuesday, July 21, 2015

dusting off some paintings


Bay Coast, 9 x 12, oil on canvas

I have had a few paintings tucked away that I never made available on my website until now. Sometimes I complete paintings that I'm unsure of. I don't feel they are ready to be listed for sale. Usually I'm just not satisfied, but I feel like I'm done working on them. That's what happened with the pieces in this post. As I was going through my available paintings, preparing them for a studio visit by a potential new collector, I found these hiding in the closet. As I looked at them again with fresh eyes I saw them differently. A mix between feeling they did indeed meet with my approval and feeling like I ought to just let others decide for themselves got me to photograph them and list them for sale in my shop. The one above sold me simply based on that patch of thick baby blue sky.

Here's another older piece (a few months) that I didn't list. It was a study for a possible larger work that I haven't yet executed. I am going to let this one go, too, in the hopes that someone else can enjoy it!
 Tossed, Diptych, 2- 8 x 10 canvas panels


Detail of one panel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!