Wednesday, July 8, 2015

narragansett


The Bay at Colt State Park, 9 x 12, oil

I completed this painting today. A few months ago I scribbled loads of thumbnail sketches in my 7 year old's sketch book. The other day he pulled it out to draw and started flipping through all my sketches. He looked at me and said, "Heeey! Mom..." Oops! He went on to sketch all the angry birds he could think of, one per page, in pen. Later I snatched the sketch book and looked through some of the thumbnails I'd done. I was reminded of some inspiring ideas I'd had, and I set to work on one today. This is a painting of the Narragansett Bay as seen from Colt State Park. Some of my favorite weather is this foggy, choppy, uncertain haze. I'm closing my eyes and facing the water as the waves lop up onto the shoreline, the sea salt splashing a bit on my face. I can almost smell it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!