Wednesday, July 22, 2015

hush


Hush, 14 x 22, oil

I was looking at a painting hanging in our hallway, one I'd painted earlier this year. I had never been completely satisfied with it, but it hung there for me to walk by and inspect multiple times each day. Yesterday I pulled it off the shelf, removed it from my website, and set it up on my easel again. I didn't change the basic composition, besides painting out a sailboat that had been in the original. I wanted more texture, more mood, greater contrast, more movement. I am happy with this version of the painting and it's back up on my wall awaiting a new home when someone stumbles upon it! I wish a photograph could do this painting justice. Much of my work is becoming increasingly more textured and layered, which makes photographing with any accuracy a true challenge! But, for what you can sense from this piece, I hope you enjoy it!


Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!