Wednesday, July 22, 2015

utah landscape series


Toward Springville, oil, 6.25 x 9

When we were out in Utah to adopt our sweet little Ruth, I tried to fill up my camera's memory with photographs. Now, looking back at them, I see that I did fill up my camera's memory, but mostly with pictures of our children and especially one beautiful little girl in particular! But, I do have a healthy amount of images to work with for a new series of Utah landscape paintings. 

Peter's grandparents have a house in Springville, a small town in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountain Range, where we stayed while there. In there basement was a stack of old wooden plaques, just like the ones I often use for my paintings. I thought, I ought to take these home and do a series of Utah landscapes on them! And, so it begins! I had ample opportunities to snap pictures of the wide open landscape from the car as we drove all over Utah. We took several drives up into the nearby canyons. I have quite a few pictures of rainy and misty weather, as well. Plus, a few pictures of some spectacular white clouds against a backdrop of bright blue sky taken on the day we were able to bring Ruth home with us from the hospital! This is my first painting in the series and I hope to paint up the rest of those panels in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes open for these! I will post them on my website and in my Etsy shop as they become available. Plus, if you want to follow me on Facebook, I always post when I have new work to show. Enjoy!


Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!